Dear Healthcare Provider,
Your patient is attending a camp that employs a Medication Therapy Management System. All medication in pill form will be dispensed in dose packaging (unit or multi dose, depending on state law). The packages are labeled with name of camper, name of medication, date, dose, administration time, etc. The pre-packaged medication will be sent directly from our pharmacy to the camp.
Please note the following prescription guidelines:
- Please write a prescription for all medications including OTCs, vitamins, and supplements, a 30-day supply with enough refills to cover the entire camp stay.
- Controlled Substance (Schedule III-V): Please write one prescription for each 30-daysupply that is needed, with enough refills to cover the entire camp stay. The DEA requires all prescriptions to be dated and signed on the date issued.
- Controlled Substance (Schedule II): Please provide one prescription for each 30-daysupply sequentially. Do not postdate the prescription. The body of the prescription must provide written acknowledgement that indicates the earliest date that the pharmacy may fill. For example: a prescription dated for 05/15/2018 for drug X should say “Do Not Fill Before 06/15/2018”. (Do Not Fill Before date should be 2 weeks prior to session start date)
- Please include NPI number and DEA number on all prescriptions.
- You may submit the prescriptions for your patient using one of the following methods: